POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dodecahedron based geometric thing (late Friday abstract) : Dodecahedron based geometric thing (late Friday abstract) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Dodecahedron based geometric thing (late Friday abstract)
From: Daniel Patrick Johnson
Date: 14 Jan 2006 12:57:15
Message: <43c93b7b@news.povray.org>
It has been so long since I have been a part of the povray community
that I don't even know if they still do Friday abstracts here.  I
finished this on Friday morning, but then I fell asleep, and didn't get
around to posting it.

This has been in my head for I guess at least 6 months, and I finally
took the time to work it out because as I reasoned it would take me less
time to actually make it than I spent thinking about it.  It is very
similar to a puzzle on this website that I found a while ago.  [1]

I found that I have forgotten a lot about how to make things look good
in POV so I couldn't get it to look how I want, but I at least figured
out the geometry.  Small changes in magic numbers seems to have dramatic
results.  If anyone wants the code I will post it.  I posted the actual
png render on my website.  [2]

[1] http://www.johnrausch.com/PuzzlingWorld/chap17a.htm
[2] http://teknotus.sdf1.org/images/3d/intersection.png

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'intersection.jpeg.jpg' (42 KB)

Preview of image 'intersection.jpeg.jpg'
intersection.jpeg.jpg